1. All contestants must be registered
2. The Digicel Life 97.5 FM Kids’ Gospel Challenge is open to solo performances only
3. All contestants must be Barbadian citizens or legal residents
4. Contestants in the Digicel Life 97.5 FM Kids’ Gospel Challenge must not be featured vocalists on recordings previously released for commercial sale
5. The song must be performed acapella during preliminary stage.
6. The following categories will be judged at the preliminary stage:
i) Rendition 40 points
ii) Performance 30 points
iii) Song Selection 20 points
iv) Originality 10 points
A panel of three (3) judges will score the auditions at the preliminary stage.
· Those who placed 1st to 15th (15 contestants) at the preliminary stage go in to the Wildcard Wednesday vote on Wednesday October 2nd, 2019.
The first 5 contestants with the highest score at auditions automatically qualify for the final (these will not be known to the public).
If votes tallied at Wild Card Wednesday produce a tie for the remaining places for the Digicel Life 97.5 FM Kids' Gospel Challenge final, the scores at preliminary judging will be used to separate the contestants.
If the scores of contestants at preliminary judging fail to separate the contestants, the points received by category will be used to achieve a result in the following order;
(iii) Song Selection
The ten finalists will be announced following Wild Card Wednesday.
The ten finalists will rehearse with a backing band selected by STARCOM Network in the week prior to the Digicel Life 97.5 FM Kids' Gospel Challenge finale.
The Finale will be held on Sunday, October 27th, 2019 at the Sanctuary Empowerment Center at 6:00pm
· If more than one finalist qualified with the same song in the preliminary stage, the scores at preliminary judging will be used to determine which finalist has the first option to choose to perform the song at the final.
· That decision must be communicated to the contestants affected immediately after the list of ten (10) finalists is announced.
7. The panel of finals judges will determine the winner of the Digicel Life 97.5 FM Gospel Challenge
8. All decisions of the judges are final
9. Artiste agrees to use of his/her image by Starcom Network Inc. for promotional purposes.
10. Artiste accepts that sound/video clips used during this promotion are the property of Starcom Network Inc.
11. Qualifying artistes must be able to perform LIVE at the Digicel Life 97.5 FM Kids' Gospel Challenge finals. Failure to do such would disqualify artiste from the competition.
12. Family members of the staff of Starcom Network Inc. are not eligible to enter.
13. Prizes must be claimed within 6 weeks of winning and winners must redeem prizes at Starcom Network Inc.
14. Starcom Network Inc. does not accept responsibility for prizes not claimed within 6 weeks of the finals.
15. Starcom Network Inc. and its affiliates, as well as its respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability whatsoever for any situation in which its inability to act results from a delay, event or situation beyond its control.